Jeremy Stanley, CFP, President and founder of CRNA Financial Planning-an AANA Member Advantage partner , joins the podcast to discuss the intricacies of freelancing. Jeremy has over 18 years of experience helping nurse anesthetists pursue financial success and is a sought after speaker and author of “The Wealthy CRNA.”
- options to structure your business
- how to find freelance opportunities
- retirement saving options are all discussed.
- Advantages: potentially higher hourly rate, scheduling flexibility, potential to save more for retirement, potential business expenses and possible tax deductions, more control over your practice
- Disadvantages: must find own work opportunities (or have someone else do it for you), running your own business, cost considerations (incorporation filing fees, legal setup fees, professional insurances, current benefits
- Differences in how you are paid (W2 vs. 1099): Payroll Tax, W2 deductions, Alternative Minimum Tax, 1099 Deductions
- Various business structures: Sole Proprietorship, S-corporations, and LLC’s
- Finding freelance work opportunities: anesthesia placement service, seek out and apply on job posting sites, develop relationships with facilities, groups, or individual surgeons, LinkedIn, contact CRNA Financial Planning
- Retirement saving options: SEP IRAs vs SOLO 401k
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.